Friday, March 10, 2006

Community arts blogging & more radio history

Well, my proposal to give a presentation at the Performing Arts Roundtable at next year's Music Library Association conference was accepted. Huzzah! I'm going to be talking about how (and whether) performing arts organizations in the DC area are using blogs and other RSS technologies to market and interact with their audiences. If that sounds a little vague, have no fear...I'll be tailoring it down, but it's hard enough to pin a blog down to one subject--let alone one that only talks about dance or theatre or medieval basket-weaving. If any of my regular readers know of any DC-centered blogs, LiveJournals, or sites that have RSS feeds (that are centered primarily on arts-related topics), please let me know. Thanks! :-)

I'm continuing to read about the history of radio. I've just started Listening In: Radio and the American Imagination. I've admired the writing of the author, Susan J. Douglas for years ever since I read her book on women and the mass media, Where the Girls Are: Growing Up Female with the Mass Media. I think it's going to be a great read. Stay tuned for more quotes and musings on the subject.



Off topic:
There's a really cool version of the Washington Metro (WMATA) map where if you hover a metro stop, it'll list the bloggers who are close by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home