Thursday, January 13, 2005

First Physics Class in 14 years

That's what I feel like after doing many of the readings for my Archives internship.

It's really cool, as I've said, how the world of libraries and archives mesh with every other discipline. Even though I'm 29, I finally feel like scientific things are interesting (and relevant) to learn. Whether it's how an audio current travels from performer to microphone to console to hard drive; or the chemical reactions in old magnetic tape when the iron oxides separates from the paper. Yup, tape used to be made of paper or plastic. I'll write more about today later, but those are my thoughts about the readings on audio I've had today.

Here are some recommendations the Library of Congress has for storing, handling and playback of cylinders, discs, and tapes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home