Sunday, May 28, 2006

Relaxing in Bloomington

Yes, I'm still alive.

After an exhausting and exhilirating month of rehearsals and performances of Benjamin Britten's War Requiem and a discographic essay for the Music Library Association's quarterly journal Notes, I took a couple of days off and headed to Bloomington, Indiana to 1) get away from DC, 2) relax, 3) do a little bit of research, 4) catch up with old friends, and 5) relax. All goals were pretty much met, save for #3, but that's what vacations are for. Got my hairs cut too.

Being a relatively late adopter when it comes to games, I learned how to play Sudoku. With a beverage in hand and some good music playing, it is truly an excellent way to spend a relaxing Memorial Day weekend.

Here's a shout out to Adam, Em, Mo, Randy, Eve, Tahira, and Bradley for some great times back in B-town. It's like I never left. (Seriously, I walk around campus and it's pretty much the same, including many of the people). For all of the complaints about living in Indiana, IU and Bloomington remain an academic oasis of trees and knowledge removed from the fast-paced hubbub of East Coast life. I met some wonderful people from all across the country, and I try to keep in touch to extent I can.

Oh yeah, and according to Pete and Sarah my nickname is now "T-Rock." Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home